RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 04:35 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Thanks for suggesting the charger, but I've already got one. It's a Venom Pro charger. It does have the storage setting and I have tried it. But when I tried it, and came back like a half an hour later, it discharged only like 0.06. Is it supposed to be this slow? Is there something wrong with my charger? How fast do other chargers discharge?
ORIGINAL: Crash7772

ORIGINAL: DieHard1207

Hey, got a question. This is my first year of using lipo batteries, and now that the season is pretty much over, how do I store them? Like, at what voltage should I store them. Should I just run them down to the lipo cut-off and put them away there?
Cumquat: I'm back in Grand Haven again.

There is a set voltage range to store them at (don't remember what it is off the top of my head) so if your charger doesn't have a storage setting you can run it down and charge it to the setting (assuming your charger shows the voltage when charging). Lastly if your charger has neither feature you can use a volt meter to check the voltage but if your charger has neither you might want to look into a better charger. I would suggest this one http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html and I'm pretty sure I paid less for mine from a different vendor.

EDIT: I found this "You want the storage charge function all the time and to be stored at 3.8-3.85v per cell." Also if your looking for good Lipos for a decent price Gens Ace makes some great packs.