View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:15 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: No more ARF's for me

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

How about those ARURs? ARUR = Almost Ready to Use Radios You have to charge them first then you can go fly

Don't you think a true stick builder should build their own radios and servos from the ground up? Oh, and what about the power plants for the planes?

This is way too much fun! [8D]
If you had started when I did, you would have assembled your own radios and actuators from a kit sold by Heath.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Although I never assembled one, I do remember them. I was a young whipper snanper but I do remember some of the earlier radio technology. You had to make one sevo moving on a plastic type mechanism control various functions. The Heath radios were available and some new ones were starting to really swamp the market. Heath was losing ground if you had the dollars to go high end. Hobby shops were totally cool in those days.

I vaguely remember some of the older radios. One cheaper radio that comes to mind was called the Galloping Ghost or something like that - supposedly an affordable solution. I think it was junky and difficult to get good functionality out of it, if I remember correctly. There were some others along the same price range - I just cannot remember the names now. I was around ten years old I think that was around mid-sixties.

Technology was booming, but the quality radios were very expensive and only the big money players could play! [8D]