RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are the new Thunder Tiger 40s actually 46s?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:37 AM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are the new Thunder Tiger 40s actually 46s?

Chris, your conscience is clear and your close friends know you are a stand up guy.  I have been following the Florida Club 40 scene recently and looks like they are a great bunch of guys.  I have a bunch of PRO 40's some of which I purchased off Ebay used.  I need to check all of them not only for displacement but also for enlarged carb venturi and muffler stinger ID.  I was at a race last year and they were checking and I had a stinger that had been drilled out, it was an ebay purchase.  I was so embarrassed.  Fortunately it was at the prerace tech insp and I changed out the muffler.  Sorry to hear your year total was lost.  I feel that eventually Thunder Tiger will discontinue the PRO 40 and will only offer the 46.  TT is the only company continuing to offer and R/C 40.  All the other quality manufacturers have gone to the .46.  And as electrics continue to expand the Nitro market is shrinking.  I see OS has read the tea leaves and have brought out a line of electric motors.

Anyway, I hope to make one of your races next year.  It will probably be one of the Gainesville races as it is the closest to me as I am in the Atlanta area.