RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whiplash
Thread: Whiplash
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
DaScrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whiplash

Screw-In

Although I believe the Whiplash to be of the same basic demisions as a Dust, my understanding is the construction is totally different. The Whiplash is, as I understand it, a Dust that has been fully sheeted, fiberglasses and gelcoated. This, of course, creates a very heavy bird.

The Dust is much lighter with an all up wieght of 2.75lbs-3lbs (no Fuel), but has little structure. It flies on the Covering. The flexing of the covering while flying combined with having no real airfoil is why the Dust is not a "Ball Dusting Speed Deamon." Punctures can be fatal.

On that Note is why I think the Dust and other Dust like aircraft are the best "Bang for the Buck." They do typically fly faster than anything else out at the field. Get a few together and you have a show. Because of the light weightness of the plane, Manuevering is crisp and slow flying is extremley docile and fun.

I have nothing but good durability out of the dust. I've grazed the top of a tree and riped easy 25% of the covering off the bottom and still made a safe landing. I've dorked them on the nose a few times, no problems. I even did a high speed low pass, tried to touch the tip that ended in a screaming cartwheel in front of god and everyone. Change the prop, a little packing tape, and I flew the rest of the day. (Captain America!)

I was asking about the Whiplash because I have a NIB Jett 50, and I'd like a Solid platform to run it on.

Screw-Out