View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1650 problems

Hi Guys.

I was helping a buddy try to get a 1650 started, and it was a "No-go."

This is a very old system, with a 3 way festo valve, that is used to turn the fuel from a by-pass, to the engine.

Anyway... the ECU seems to work... but we couldn't get the red light to come on. After checking over everything... and making sure nothing in the ECU or RPM pick-up was shorted... we got one cycle to the red light... and the pump turned on. But... unfortunately... after we got it all mounted up for a test run... it was back to nothing.

Anyway... if anyone knows the old ECU's... and has an idea of something to check, or HOW to check the pick up... I'd like to know. Also... where is the RPM magnet in this engine? We think that this was an air start engine... and someone added a starter pod. (We manually put power to it to spin the engine) But... if the magnet was supposed to be in the front nut... and it was changed for the starter... I'm thinking that the magnet is gone.

Any insight on this would be great.

The engine is in GREAT shape... so if we can figure it out... I think we are going to try to convert it to a V10 from Gaspar.