RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help buying my first large scale RC MT.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:10 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Help buying my first large scale RC MT.

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

LOSI 5IVE.................... do i need to saymore?
stop being so biased mate , just because you have a losi doesnt suddenly mean its the only best rc out there . im not going to force the dude to get a hpi baja because i own one myself. The blackout maverick isnt the best truck rc out there but its not rubbish either and id buy one for sure hell . we could all tell him to go buy the best thing out there like an elcon or MCD monster truck , but he wants something to start off with thats decent in his price range and the maverick does the job ............do i need to say more ?
Does that mean because I own a 5ive I can't recomend them?
The 5ive is definatly ONE of the best off roaders out there, maby u need to read more reviews or something.
It handles so much better than a Baja, jumps better and unlike the Baja it's built on a race proven chassis layout.
HPI are not very well knowen for quality or race bread preformance, compared to other brands
Can't say anything about the elcon, but the MCD's around here are having durability issues, compared to the 5ives, also they can't jump as well and the struggle in less than perfect tracks... Add a few jumps and the MCD's don't stand a chance.... Mind u out of the box they have a faster top end, but the losi's with a pipe are faster down low where it all counts...... Do I need to say more?

Why not im bored, a 5ive is more durable, heaps of examples out there, how manny MCD's have busted arms and cvd's
Parts are cheaper for the losi including aftermarket and they are more available. Lower COG with the losi, and it's easier to work on.
Another good point for the losi, is some of the front and rear drive line parts are the same, so u can save a bit on spare parts, and the suspension pins are said to be stronger and can be upgraded to the TiN ones, also the losi has a less complicated drivetrain and the power is sent straight to the centre diff. The losi shocks are built to losi's specs... Polished bores... Spring retainer that does not turn on the ballend, lost of room for after market pipes, and there is more aftermarket upgrades for the 5ive. I would only use a MCD on on of those dead flat tracks in the UK... Well no I wouldent lol ha ha

Oh one other point... Customer service is very helpfull for noobs