RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX8 telemetry RPM pickup for Gas engines - SOLVED!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default RE: DX8 telemetry RPM pickup for Gas engines - SOLVED!!

In my case the receiver/power system actually went haywire. Once I replace it, the problem went away.

The receiver/power system has "battery condition LEDs" and all 6 LEDs were lit indicating a major problem. But before, I opened the hatch to find the LEDS all lit, I was suspicious of the rudder servo and or cable. It is a Hitec 7945TH. I opened the tail and removed and cleaned the connections, still had the twitch. So, ... I opened the hatch to find the all 6 LEDS lit. I repositioned and checked all battery and servo connections. All seemed good.  The 2S LiPo battery voltages were 8.19 and 8.18 VDC respectively, which was good. So, ... I quit flying and put it on the bench when I got back home. After further testing and still having all 6 LEDs still lighting, I replaced the receiver/power system with a new one that I had for a new build I am currently doing. With the new unit, the problem(s) no longer existed. I plugged the old unit back in and the problem was back. My problem was clearly in the power distribution system, which I will add still allowed me to fly the plane in w/o any incident other than the intermittent subtle tail twitching. The redundancy and power safe features they have in these expensive systems apparently really do work!

But enough for my hijacking. Lets get back to telemetry. OR,  you can PM me if you like, too.