RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 11-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Fidelity101
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

ORIGINAL: rcnut101

I dont use any twin sync's. I really dont see a need for it. I have had 3 engine out's and it flys realy well on one engine. But that is my 2 cents.
That's really good information rcnut. I've heard the Cessna 310 is pretty much dead if you have an engine out unless you immediately kill the other engine. I was thinking the B-25 might be in the same boat. I've contacted hitec regarding a warning system, through their telemetry products, which could sound an alarm if one engine goes below a certain rpm. I figured that it would be nice to be able to see each rpm from my remote, rather than using a stand alone tach, so I'm going to be installing the telemetry board as soon as I figure out how to make extensions for their optical tach and temp sensors. Seems odd that they only come with about 6" of leads with no reference to any extension cables...but that's another topic.

UPDATE:

Has anyone used the Hitec Telemetry unit in this plane? I'm reading mixed reports about the accuracy of the optical rpm and tech gauges going down as the cables get longer. If that's the case, it might be work properly on the B-25 as the engines are pretty far apart. I don't really care about the temperature information, but twin engine RPM data on my remote would be very helpful during setup...as well as providing a nice warning system if I loose one engine in flight.