RCU Forums - View Single Post - VS1 HELP, nearly caught on fire
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 PM
tc4 drft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VS1 HELP, nearly caught on fire

Well, Im no pro, but I cant imagine that you would be pulling more than 180 amps on that setup, which is what your esc was rated at. From what Ive read on the Turnigy packs, and I own a set, is that the standard blue packaged 40c out perform the NanoTechs. My guess in your case, bad lipo. When you get yourself a new ESC, dont chump out on the lipos. I have the Castle Creations esc with the data link. My setup should draw maybe 130amps at most, and I had some crazy ripple voltage on my log using 40c turnigys, meaning my very easy going low amp setup was too much for those packs. I figured I would be safe and sound. 5000mah @ 40c means I should have 200amps available....clearly I didnt with my ripple readings. I wont even run my turnigys anymore because of this. Ill be picking up some Dinogy packs in the spring. A few dollars more than the nanos, $125 for a 5s 5000mah 65c, but it comes with a warranty, I believe they were used in a speed record or 2, and they guy who sells them is in Cali. Performancerclipos.com. I have no affiliation with this company fyi, but I have yet to read one negitive thing about them. They were also rated the best lipo pack ever tested per a post in the OSE forums...and those dudes know what they're talking about. Good luck on the rebuild.