RCU Forums - View Single Post - B'ham Club 40 Race is on!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
codbucket
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: B'ham Club 40 Race is on!

Well guys, I believe that the Nov. 3 club 40 pylon race held at Birmingham RC was a great success ! I found out the hard way that it takes a lot of orchestration, and hard work to organize, and put on one of these races. I told Tim Batt at the Harvest race in August that we would try our best to pick this race up, and we did ! You missed a great day of racing Tim. I want to sincerely thank Dave Phillips for being our CD for this race. He ran a straight up, clean event without even having a lap top, or a clock. Great job Dave! I want to thank Jimmy Stewart for picking up the plaques, and to Big Al Mosely for making them for us. Jimmy also bush hogged the tall grass, and served as a cut judge on pole # 2. Thanks to Jim Georgeson for the use of his table, and his two Slimline fuel pumps. Thanks to Rich Casper for serving as cut judge on pole # 1. Thanks to Randy Bosworth for inventorying the items in the Conex. Thanks to Wes Kilgore for erecting the ez-up, and for stirring 5 pots of chili so it would not burn. Thanks to James "Tiny" Sanders for manning the grill, and cooking the Conecuh sausage. Thanks to our out of town racers such as Greg Doe, and Barry Reade for their support of club 40 by travelling to compete in this race with us. I feel like a great time was had by all who attended. We had fine weather, great food, excellent raffle prizes, and friendly, and close competition. It was an honor for me, and Birmingham RC to host this fun event. I hope you will agree with me when I say, that the last club 40 race of 2012 was among the best of the season !
Thanks again for all those whose hard work helped to make this an event to remember. See ya'll next Spring! Tom Calamusa, President, Birmingham RC Association, AMA Charter # 100