RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya hotshot rebuild
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
FreeFall89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya hotshot rebuild

First off let me introduce myself a bit !
My name is Chris, currently 23 years old and I'm alll the way from the tiny piece of land most people call the Netherlands.
Haven't really done a lot with rc cars the last 3 or 4 years, but a while back I managed to buy a mint Marui Galaxy RS for really cheap and the itch for more vintage rc's came back.. plus the fact I make enough money to afford this stuff helped as well

About the project, I got this badboy for really cheap (€35,- inc. shipping, about $45USD), the ad it was in had really unclear photos, but I saw a clear unpaintedbodyand no.5847 on the box so I just took the risk and bought it.
When it finally arrived it turned out to be a case of used 2 times and stowed away, lucky me!
Pretty much everything seemed to be there, seeing the clear body on the photo's I kinda prepared for there not being any decals there, but they turned out to be tucked away in the manual, so now the only thing I managed to find missing was the battery support bracket thingy, other then that it seems to be all complete.

Now for some photo's, I'm sorry that the photo's are a but blobby.. but my batterys where almost dead

Also got this nice radio set to keep it nice and old school ( once again, really cheap €15,- inc shipping about $20USD)

That's all for now, hope to be able to post a update soon!