Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM
GoNavy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RAM Beacon causes servo glitching; Help

Per one of the articles Alan refers to, I tried:

-shielding the receiver in aluminum foil. No improvement

-shielding the beacon gadget in aluminum foil. No improvement

-shielding with aluminum foil, the beacon wiring in the fuselage opening where it was accessable -significant reduction in glitching. HOWEVER
as I walked around the work table to try other things, I noticed that where my body was in relation to the plane significantly affected the glitching; If I stood in the left front quadrant, even though I was more than two feet from the fuselage, the glitching became violent. My body must be acting as some sort of reflector?????? This EMI that plagues me must be very strong.

Another technique discussed in the article, and mentioned by Dave Thacker of Radical Rc, is connecting a capacitor between the positive and negative wires from the beacon gadget, even perhaps, additional ones along the wires. It is said the capacitor does not permit the transfer of the low voltage current, but higher frequency EMI passes through the capacitor and is thereby cancelled (shorted out?). Now the question is, what capacitance to try. I haven't seen guidance on that yet.