RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:28 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Howzit MJ and Karl.......thanks for that great 'insight' to .............Karls World........I really enjoy getting to know more about each other beyond RCU......and that was a great way of sharing more of Karl.......and his awesome talents. The workshop is cool ( more like a lab !.....LOL)

The big board certainly pushed me another step closer to getting mine from 'my mind' to 'reality'........what size of surfer would work well for that board - how wide is the stance requirement............I'm guessing around 2.5 ft tall.............are you wanting to have a 'moving surfer' or a static dude ?

Looking at your 'idea' to want to have control to be able to 'lift' the nose..........been able to adjust the 'props thrust line' may be a better option - like in the case of a outboard motor.'
You could do it in various ways - I am sure the prop trim thrust will have greater effect and far less drag effect.
In the case of a Trim Tab - the 'moment' (rotation) will happen around the CG - where as when trimming the Props Thrust line - the Thrust line will act more like 'shifting the weight back - and drive the tail into the water - lifting the nose

The 'ultimate I reckon would be a the prop thrust line - both steering the left and right turns and trimming the angle of attack - with a fixed twin fin arrangement............MMMMMMMM!......

Great Stuff !

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !