RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 11-13-2012, 04:46 PM
rcnut101

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Here is my experience with twins. My first was a KMP Tigercat which flew great but I made a few mistakes and I had an engine out and panicked and it became a frisbee and the rest was history. I did not give up. I bought another TigerCat, actually 2 of them, another esm and a ScaleWings F7F. I have esm one almost finised. In the meantime I found a used TF B-25 for a good price but had to rebuild engines. When I bought the model from some else, I should have had it set up my way because I had a nose gear wheel fall of and i did not have the engine throttle trims on the same switch and one engine died because I did not know which engine died. Long story short I spun it in. So I bought another TF B-25 and put it together in 2 1/2 weeks and started flying again. I had another engine out situation, but this time I did not panic. I pulled throttle back to let it straighten itself out and slowly advanced throttle on one engine and corrected rudder to maintain yaw. Finally I had control and success and flew it in on one engine. Since then I have had two engine out situations and a lean engine on take off last weekend and I am very comfortable with flying twins. They are not for everyone. They take a lot of time and patience unless they are electric. Im not a fan of electric twins. It takes all the challenge out of it. Kinda like hitting the "EASY" button. When Flying a twin, If a engine goes out, Always look for which wing goes high, thats your live engine and ALWAYS turn towards the high wing. Most twins will fly on one motor, P-38'S are the most feared twin due to the size of the rudder's. If you have a engine out, never use flaps to land. you always need airspeed.

Just my thoughts and experience,

Regaurds,
Doug D