RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Hey Curls.......LOL......... finally ! we have found something 'we agree' upon.....LOL......I'm going to print that 'reply' and put it on the wall in my workshop.......LOL...

The OZ's do seem to have a thing for fins.....Brendon mentioned to me a while back that the Bi-Fin was his idea, we just never had a chance to discuss his take on the actual overall design.

When one examines the 'features' the Bi-Fin offers.......it offers whole lot of 'Things' going on below the water......VERY SIMPLY !......For myself - I definitely notice things like- A more stable board on the water at speed and on vertical faces ( even though I have a 2kg lite board) the fin holds it down - The board leans over more and holds the thrust in the tight turns better - The board responds smoother to turning/transitions rail to rail - pulls the tail down/nose up in turns...eliminates high speed 'toppling turns ( on the narrower boards)....etc

I like the Carbon route...........I'm still playing with size/shape/foil angles etc......the nice thing is, once you have 'your' ideal Bi-Fin - it relatively easy to reproduce in carbon, using the original as the mold........Use a small sandwich bag and pump to vacuum it while it cures, and it will be even more Bullet Proof.........

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !