RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Hi Bearcave.....did you get to enjoy the eclipse......I saw it on CNN......it was amazing........seems you OZ's turned it into a good party.....Yeah !

Interesting feed back..........the original Kyhoso board, from what I have seen....comes out with the Bi-Fin and most of the videos I have seen of the OZ originators shredding the Kyhoso board, seem to be running the Bi-Fin.....so I am sure, with some tweaking , it will work even better. I am always amazed at the Original Kyhoso video's that were produced by Whambara.......amazing stuff.

You may need to add a few grams upfront to move the CG forward, which will reduce the 'bounce'......I also dont think that the boards need to be driven as fast as we currently run them...Every hull has a 'hull' speed.....after which it will start climbing out of the water simply due to the thrust and aerodynamic lift that gets under the hull. If you seek to remedy that, you simply end up being counter productive.

I reckon the 'trim tabs' (foils) play a major part in helping to generate the type of desired 'Yaw' turn effect (dig the tail - lean & turn) as we are trying to emulate an actual surfer. I am kind of fixated with getting the surfer to be more 3 dimensional........tail digging in - surfer leaning -cambering into the turn.

I have run bi- fins 'without' the tabs and the result is that one losses much of the 'Yaw'

On the straight - at high speed - the negative foils (tabs) do pull the tail down into the water and start to generate a kind of rhythmic bounce - but frankly -as you say - its not really an issue on the actual wave.......as for most of it, the boards CG will change when ridding on a 'Burm' ( face of the wave)......so -as I have learnt- flat water is very different to being on the face...............no surfer won a comp for scoring points while paddling out............LOL

In-fact - I recently started running my board with more weight in the 'TAIL' ( 150 g's) it keeps the tail 'HEAVY' and adds some punch in the TAIL, in the turns. The added weight tail seems to generate a outward centrifugal force, almost like a surfer powering a solid tail turn/slide.......the combination of the Bi-Fin and the added weight, really seems to have added 'more dimension' to Bro's surfing style......Blah Blah Blah............LOL

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88925.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1820268