RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
kitekook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

My apologies DOM....Of Course you are right...edit...sorry [&:]got carried away....

I was wondering about my own surfers and shared the finding...which surprised me.
I think it's great that we can compare sizes and weights together...kinda like a Golf Handicap.

I think the Maui Board KILLS all others! All you have to do is watch the videos.
In a different league all together!

This in not an attack on any Surfer... just an opinion based on the videos presented and more importantly...my own experiences.

I used to think my Kyosho , and then my NQD, ripped it up!...hahaha
I had all the latest mods...hahaha
Not even close to what I am experiencing these days.

Having now made Surfers in several sizes/shapes...36, 34, 32, 29 1/2, 28.and 26 inches (and here you all thought I was building 22 x 1 = 1 board... all this time.) its called R&D,I have made round tails, step tails, fish, and now the pin tail. If you knew me, you would know I get bored too easily to keep making the first one over and over...ok, the first 10 were the same design...but I was trying to get he process down...since then it has been a quest to make a better Surfer...each one has been better than the last...

I think it is more a function of size than anything else. Maybe Maui John went through the same process...his 34 inch size seems to be the sweet spot for me.

The smaller boards are just to squirrely for me.

Most smaller Surfers look like a cork bobbing on the water to me rather than a Surfer carving waves. Others just bounce around given any bump on the water. Of course there are exceptions...that ripper KH20 in Maui....and Curlz' Kyosho come to mind...others have since retired..at least for now.

I enjoy the more GS (Giant Slalom) style in my Surfers...come to think of it I did in Skiing as well.

Power Surfing!Power Skiing!

]Trick riding...was always for the guys that did not know how to Ski Powder...

There were a lot of them for sure, must be fun I guess...just not for a Big Mountain/Powder Hound.