Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Tiger Club

ORIGINAL: thailazer

ORIGINAL: Leroy Gardner

ORIGINAL: jkr_1100

ORIGINAL: nh4clo4

I plan on starting mine on Black FridayI I finished up my Ace 4-40 with a Saito 56. You can see it on my models, I am doing a Tiger 60, thinking on a 120 4 stroke, Going to clip the wings, mod the elevator and rudder, Tail Dragger, that about it.

ED

I don't know if Leroy can wait. I do hope to see lots of pictures. I regret not taking more pictures step by step.
Hey jkr #1, mind if I call you that. Do you or doI do some that puts our name and # on our posts ?

''Boy you are right about weeknesses in the body'', I saw that right off when I seen the plans, then I seen the actual fuse. pannels. I have a 12'X60'' 1/8'' ply pannel already so we'll take care of that right off. Any way there are going to be some other changes in the fuse. I want to invert the engine and raise it up for more ground clearance for prop. I'll post what I'm doing as soon as I start doing it, may intrest some others thinking of useing the DLE20.

When is black friday, day after Thanksgiving is'nt it ? I will be working on the plans, my changes will be in red and I hope they will show well so you all can see what I'm doing. I also am going with outboard ailerons so will have wing work to do also. I said this was going to be a bashed fun build for me but it will not change the profile much at all.

Stay tuned, more to come Leroy # 53
Leroy.. What size prop will you put on the DLE20? Ground clearance might be a problem, but with that power you won't be spending much time on the runway! Any snow in the hills above CDA yet?
Toivo is that you ? you been here all along and I did'nt know it, if so I owe you an e-mail. Answer to your question, no more than 15" thats why the engine is getting raised some, then I can figure the gear height. I'm just getting started on the lay out and yes we had around 5" of snow but most of it was gone this morning. Have a feeling I may need to put skis on something for this winter, then again my hands don't care much for the cold so we'll see.

Well you know where to find me, later, Leroy Tiger #53