RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 PM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Hi Kite......comparisons are 'good'........as long as all things are considered...and the objective is clear.

I am happy for you, on the one hand, that you have found your ideal 'perfection' in Maui's 'Bad Apple' - on the other hand - I am really puzzled, that after building 17 odd really nice looking boards - having watched the Maui DIY build video I guess 'many times' and having 'spent time with John', that you yourself have not been able to realise 'your ideal board'.

As for the video comparisons........pure personal opinion...in the eye of the beholder.......there are 'many many' video's of various rcSurfing makes of boards, that are absolutely amazing.

I personally rate the OZ Wambara Kyhoso video's as the ultimate record of rcSurfing........
The boards surf and look like an authentic surfer............perhaps a little to small in size - but most impressive in all- 'to me'

IMO - The 'wider' & 'bigger' boards do obviously tend to surf more stable, having a greater platform - and are able to take on bigger waves and white water- but have a very 2 dimensional (flat) look on the wave.....very boat like.......far less authentic....

rcSurfing for me is best suited surfing in 2 - 4 ft face........after that it like a real surfer looking to ride Mavericks......

The thing is ....after all is said and done........'is to find a board that you are 'very happy with' and as I think 'Jocktime once said' - "Go to the beach - that's what we do"and Surf the Amps out of it.................

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !