RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Hey Bearcave......while its still in one piece.....make a few carbon fins from it.......polish the original with some RAM wax release agent ...........layer the inside with a few good fine carbon cloth layers soaked up in epoxy - and you will have Bi- Fins that will last you a life time............

Your single fin will feel 'loser' as it will tend to 'lift the tail' and 'dip the nose' in the turn, which will initiate a quicker/sharper turn.......You could move the CG forward to achieve similar response with the Bi-Fin - or - increase the steering throw..........

All this 'info' is great to be able to make some basic assumptions and calculations in respect to performance and economics........I'll definitely step up to a 6s unit set up if I chose to 'go big'................I starting to like the idea of a 4ft board......starting to think it may be even more fun all round.....with the right design I reckon it could feature well in surf from 2ft - up....we'll seeeee !

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your footage....... rcSurfing whilst trying to keep your head stable ? I reckon will be a unique challenge on its own to overcome...............

We have a Westerly Off- Shore breeze - 2-4 ft face surf predicted for to-morrow - so hopefully we'll have another 'cool session ! '

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !