RCU Forums - View Single Post - The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Bill G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The times, they are a changin! Say it ain't so Joe?

ORIGINAL: Dooz

ORIGINAL: Bill G

.... I have had a few smart remarks made toward my builds from builders, but in the past few years, there has been a mass increase of people on some forums (more on another forum than here by far) that contribute nothing but smart remarks and challenging of others. They tend to be ARFers and not builders. Again not the fault of the ARFs, but just the people. That may have had some influence on the original poster of the ARF statement.
This is my first post in this forum, but I belong to few others, and the first thread I post in is fed with complaints about ARFS by builders. I fly ARFS, but I'm assembling a kit right now. I say assembling because, I didn't cut the wood from stock and I didn't create the plans. I'm assembling a plane step by step, following plans. But for the life of me, I don't understand why anyone cares what I fly or how I put it together. To assume because I like to fly ARFs that I'm not committed to anything in my life is ignorant. I happen to be the 48 yr old single father of 4 and former Marine. I have 3 children in college and one in high school taking college courses. I work a 50 hrs a week, but I'm paid for 40. Every ounce of energy I have has gone into raising my children who are solid citizens. Yet someones going to pass judgement on my life because I fly an ARF? This is why I find an empty road, in an abandoned subdivision in the middle of the Phoenix desert and fly with friends. We haven't quit the hobby... joining a club is not worth this kind of politics so we fly elsewhere.
"To assume because I like to fly ARFs that I'm not committed to anything in my life is ignorant."
Where did someone say that?

The purpose of quoting a statement is to touch base specifically on a comment made, and not reword comments into something else. Note the example above.