RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 91 VRDF experts wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OS 91 VRDF experts wanted

ORIGINAL: Headhunter70

Thanks for all your answers and ideas...

Unfortunatly is Nitro Methan the last thing that you want to be seen with with at my country, so my challenge will be to maximise the RPM without Nitro using a 10x10 APC. If I can get 18.000 on the ground I will be happy. I have a chance to borrow a pipe made for an 15ccm OPS , will try this next and keep you posted.

@ MJD, you mentioned some source in Europe for carbon props for 18 USD...anything more specific ? Still have family back in germany..so that wouldn't be a problem

cheers
Sure, look up Erdt on RC-Network.de. But be advised these are for all out speed, on very clean airframes - the sizes are in the order of 8x11, 8x12, 8x13 etc. Not sure if he has his own version of the popular sport speed prop they use over there, a CF 9x10 with the pattern made from a trimmed and reshaped 10x10 APC. I wonder how fast that engine can really can swing a full 10-10, that's a big shaft load. The only benchmark I have is from the Jett site, a guy reporting that his piped Jett FIRE .90L is swinging a 10x10 16-16.3k on the bench. I wonder if 18k is a bit optimistic considering the timing of the engine, but don't let my thoughts discourage you as I don't have one myself and I don't know how far those numbers are off the powerband of that engine. With the right pipe length..?