RCU Forums - View Single Post - Advice for first running of a .049 and .090
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Advice for first running of a .049 and .090

Hey Guys,
Just some comments here - I started with the Tee Dee 090. First I drilled open the pressure port before I started. It really seems to be overkill as it kept flooding with the tank CL on the NV, I am sure once I run it in and get the right NV setting it won't be an issue, but it is complicating things now that is for sure.

I have about 1/2 a quart of 25% sig champion fuel through it. That is 7 runs and I am guessing they are about 3.5 to 4 min in lenght. So that is about 24 min of run time, just about halfway there?

The 6x3 prop is the ticket but it took a beating from my chicken stick as it was a really flimsy prop. It was the only one I had so I think I am going to cut down my 7x4 glass prop and continue with that this afternoon.

I am not sure how many head gasktes should be on the motor. There was only one when I bought it. I put in an extra one to be on the safe side as I think the 049 has three to start.

If you can think of any comments or suggestions please let me know. So far you all have been a great help.

Kind regards,
Rick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33184.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1821769