RCU Forums - View Single Post - Comp ARF Spitfire build
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Edhamp

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Comp ARF Spitfire build

Thanks 2walla. Yes I really like it . The Zen62 did agreat job of flying the CARF Spit as I reported earlier but you needed 80-100% throttle most of the time and nothing much in reserve.The 80 is a great engine, low vibration on a par with 3Ws and plenty of power. I have a 3W 80 in my CARF Mustang which has to fly several extra pounds compared to the Spit now (BTW I do not think there is enough room in the narrow Mustang nose to fit the autostart and the extra weight would not be welcome in this case).

I did not realise that Evolutions came with a different ignition. Perhaps not a bad idea as I guess most people do not want to bother with the MVVS autochoke if that is one of the differences.
We can buy both from Horizon and MVVS agents in the UK. I am not sure if MVVS are offerring the autostart as a retrofit, but I have heard of some people fitting the starters to their standard MMVS engines without the special ignition unit and ESC and controlling the starter from the transmitter manually (the special ESC/PS-ICU supplied will automatically reverse then stop the starter motor when the engine fires so it disengages cleanly). Also it is not 100% clear to me if the MVVS80 engine that is supplied with this system is in any way different to a standard MVVS80 or the Evolution80, so check with MVVS technical support first.

ORIGINAL: 2walla

Nice job! How do you like the extra power of the 80? Over here horizon hobbies uses their own ignitions on their rebadged mvvs engines. I dont know it they will stock it here. Looks like a nice product!