RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Smith Cessna T-50
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
rhsmrt50

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Don Smith Cessna T-50

.....Happy Thanksgiving to all ......... Sorry.......I lost interest in my project for a while..........but recovered and I'am back at it..........I actually started building this plane in 1996.........then set it aside for several years, and then went back at it again and so on and so on.........I have promised to have it ready for the last three "Bomber Field Events" at Monaville Texas in Sept..........but, here I am .......still working on it.........my friends tell me if I dont have her ready to fly by Aug, they will give up on me...............so......I cant let that happen, they are the best friends I have ever had!.........Thanks so much.....Ross, Ken and Ben.........................and , besides all of that, I am 72 years old and and only have so much time left.......so, I better get busy!!!............I will start with a description and photos of the finished wing, then the 1/5 scale compass......and then the engines.............by the way, I have switched from the Saito 180's to the OS Gemini 160 twins........the OS twin fits better, sounds better and uses far less fuel...........the engines will be vertically opposed rather than horizontal.........this will work just perfect when installed behind the baffel plate with the dummy Jacobs mounted on the front.......that is because the Jacobs is a seven cylinder engine, which has the top cylinder vertical with the OS top cylinder......this provides cooling when the dummy cylinder is removed for flight..........the two bottom cylinders have an air passage between them thru a large air filter.........this will provide cooling to the bottom cylinder of the OS engine........now, on to some photos.......

Rich.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58221.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1822327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68559.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1822328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot46777.jpg
Views:	80