RCU Forums - View Single Post - Resaonably priced 60 size corsair retracts
Old 11-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Resaonably priced 60 size corsair retracts

Just to give you an idea of what can happen with the robarts, I blame the retracts for the loss of my corsair. I know a lot of guys are saying, whaat? They collapsed so often that I had to repair the cowl mounts many many times. Finally one of those times I missed something. While in flight, the cowl breaks loose and bangs the back of the prop busting off one blade. I kill the engine, deploy the gear and one strut just falls to the ground. Crap, bad to worse. I'm only 50' up and dive for the runway, by then I'm too slow and the plane stalls. Any of you that know corsairs know the stall is particularly nasty. No recovery altitude and slams into the ground. However, I'm planning a meister corsair build in the future and have a GT-80 and robart giant scale rotators for it. Those gear are good and robust. Its only the 615 out of the whole robart line up that I dont like. Like Chad says, spend the money on good gear. Theres nothing worse than dealing with retract problems when you go flying. It puts a damper on the day.
Edwin