RCU Forums - View Single Post - Waltersons 105mm Sherman
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:08 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman

ORIGINAL: mustclime

thats the same stuff that was posted on the ossi web site back in march. That pic has been around for a while as well. The guy that owns tank zone has been putting adds up since the begining of summer.......now he is claiming 4th quarter 2012....here is a link....

http://www.tankzone.co.uk/category/cat_rtr.htm

Freaky, I would wait till you have the tanks in your hands untill you post it.....the guy at tank zone has taken a lot of heat on the uk forums for taking orders and making people wait formonths....I am just trying to help, the release ofthis sherman has beena bit of a mess.
Sure, it absolutely is the same Sherman tank that has been shown on quite a few outlets for many months, but most of them just showing it either wasn't in stock, was unavailable, or was coming soon. The Heng Long Premium site was showing pictures of it in their website slide show for the longest time as well, probably because it was supposed to be released a long time ago, but for what ever reasons, the initial release date was most likely pushed back until now.

Yes, we've seen this scenario happen all to often. But if TankZone was already taking pre-orders for it way back in the summer, without knowing a definite date of release or at least having some already on a container in transit being shipped to them at the time, then that was their mistake for taking the gamble to allow pre-orders so early, only to end up with upset customers for them having to wait so long. However, I believe his latest "Due Q4 2012" is now actually correct, because it is 4th quarter right now, & the tanks seem to be available from Waltersons to go out to distributors to now be sold to customers. TankZone will probably be able to start filling actual orders for them very soon.

I do hear what you say with the cautioning of taking pre-orders, only to find out as a distributor, that you can't get the tanks at the time you expected them, & then have a bunch of angry customers confronting you. Just a few days ago I was also told this tank would be released soon too, & was told some Shermans were on a container already being shipped to at least one new Waltersons distributor, so I don't believe Freaky is going too far out on a limb at this time by saying they have been released & he can get some to sell. Guess we'll find out soon enough , so let's just hope that limb you're out on doesn't break on you Freaky ... because I do know I want one, & I will be getting one as soon as I can!

~ Craig ~