RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3rd Pan American Open Championship 2012
Old 11-26-2012, 12:50 PM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3rd Pan American Open Championship 2012

Boring... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Roberto and Eduardo did a fantastic job with these Championships. Not only did they order and receive the nice weather, but it was run so smoothly that even when there was an occasional hiccup, it was handled in minutes to everyone's satisfaction. I am glad to see this contest growing (the addition of unknowns) and the facility is the perfect resort (pool, lake, horses, golf course and flying field... what more is needed). From being picked up at the airport by Dieter and Marcela, to not needing a car or find a place to eat, to enjoying incredible meals with everyone, it's a trip where the only worries are if you can fly like you hope you can. I know Dave missed seeing everyone again so I'm working with him so he's free for 2014 and hopefully get a few more US pilots down there as well (maybe even a Canadian or 2).

For me, other than seeing everyone again, probably the best part of the trip was meeting Juan Rombaut (you too Cris ). While I've heard about the pilot he is, I didn't know much about him. Well seeing him fly and being pushed to the last round, he's easily a great pilot with a long, bright future of being a top F3A pilot ahead, but he's a real down to earth guy too. He was calling for a few pilots, helping with set-ups and very social overall. As the event went on we would talk more and more and being able to fly the unknown formation flight at the end was a lot of fun. Next time we'll 'stick together' during the routine Juan (velcro joke) lol.

I can't wait for 2014 when we can all get together again and top the fun of this event. Glad many of us will meet up again in South Africa and if Alejandro is there with his wing, then I know I will too (even if not, there's enough of us that can bring one anyway).