RCU Forums - View Single Post - PROFI RAMBLER .049
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 04:33 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: PROFI RAMBLER .049

I started sketching out ideas - not that there are that many variations possible on the theme. Once the engine arrives I can draw it up accurately and refine the engine compartment, finalize fuselage width bla bla. There is some thought put to this but I haven't laboured over it so far. I started at 125 square inches, but based on the floaty glide of my .061 design at 125 squares I decided to go hair smaller and ended up scaling down to 108. 20% stab (might skim that down a bit), could go V tail elevator only but think I'll stick with this. Boy do micro servos look big when you have to surface mount them on the center of a small wing. No real effort to figure out the parting line for the cowl yet, just sketching, and I guessed at the pipe dims. If I go the whole 9 yards and make a fuselage plug, I'll design it for a pipe and deal with routing the exhaust for the open version. Figured I'd cut out the rear servo/Rx hatch and make mating tabs from thin ply.

The fuselage is actually supposed to be somewhat oval in cross section but I haven't drawn any end views yet.

Any feedback (other than berating me for my typical slow progress ) would be most welcome. BTW I know swept surfaces - i.e. the vertical fin - have no aerodynamic advantage but I like the looks and it won't hurt.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ki20279.pdf (11.7 KB, 28 views)