RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Aeroplane Gyros are best?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Which Aeroplane Gyros are best?

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

Johnie, George you have both got your knickers in an absolute twist over this whole thing with the result that you are talking, well, nonsense, sorry but no other way to describe it !

Ailerons on models with the tiny amount of deflection they use to achieve the results we are seeking, improved roll stability, can totally ignore adverse yaw problems, its a non event, model or fullsize and I say that after flying a whole range of fullsize jets from small trainers to heavy jets, straight wing, swept wing, crescent wing, with and without spoilers, one two and thee yaw dampers and full autostabs. NEVER yet tried to raise wing in a x-wind with rudder, its DANGEROUS in ANY flying machine. (and a 767 in a 35 k gusty x-wind on a filthy, wet night, is a handful)

Almost all of my jets have aileron gyros, work very well indeed, guys:

ACT Fuzzy, Wingo, JRs of all sorts, Futaba 352s and integrated Weatronics gyros, all work a treat.

Regards,

David.

to future searchers: 2012 update statement from the same guy regarding dangerous problems caused by gyros on ailerons.

post #626 here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_93...m.htm#11184084

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

Gyros, caution: If you have a gyro on roll and the machine drops a wing at the stall, the gyro will do exactly the wrong thing, ie use aileron to counteract, leading to possible further wing drop, hello spin.

Regards,

David.

By the way that was exactly what i was try to warn everybody back then in this subject.