RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Hey Curls !.....

6 ounce works well for me....I use 2 main layers on either side of the board.

To ensure that the hull is strong enough when I hollow out all the foam to create the housing. I also add a 3rd layer inside the housing area base once it is created, as I build up the housing wall.

To ensure that the deck is strong enough around the housing/lid flange to support the pressure push down of the lid seal, whilst helping better keep the bolts in place.

I also place a small patch either side of the board, in the area of the rudder pivot tube, to ensure that their is extra strength to withstand the leverage.

Relating full scale board strength to our rcboards - besides the strength of a stringer, the weak part of our boards is the area of the hull where the housing is, this needs strength to prevent flexing, as it carries the righting weight, as well as the motor , battery etc which all told id the bulk weight of the board.

The speed of our board is also quite considerable increasing impact effect and if you equate the weight of a board to the surface area you will find that a full scale board could have less load bearing weight than a rcboard in relation to total surface area.

I have noticed that the board takes quite a 'knock' in the water when hitting khelp heads and the like....I have one or two good dings to show for it. Even a third layer of cloth would be good on the hull side.

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !