RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:16 AM
bearcave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

YPC....

The idea of the extended prop shaft was to get the bite of the prop deeper and furthar back in the water.... I have bought lots of stuff from 'offshore' and they had these generic shafts that took threaded props and i just bought some (and some props)then cut em long and short and tried em out.... remember the nqd has a rather angled driveline..... and lookin at surfcurls latest version I think I'm seeeing a more flatter drive angle which can only be good in all ways.

Atm Istillhave no idea wether the prop's position aft or fwdmakes anydiff but.

Regarding the thin swept back fin all i can say is that when i got into this pastime many years ago Idid enjoythe Ed Deitrich/Bad Billy way of doing things.
If you look closely at a Bad Billy single fin you will see it generates some downforce....bit like a bi-fin with tabs....maybe not so much but it is there.

Anyway the swept back fin in the pics gave me a more loose and less direct steering action especially at speed on a wave face...everything changes when you are goin fast..... actually I might run it again and see how it goes..... maybe some more vision of another first go at the boat ramp with an old school fin....
Obviously not as exciting as in the waves but hopefully there will be more V8 boats charging around for those most enjoyable musical sound effects

BillyBongo.... all looking good for a nice birthday hope all goes well... if not welcome to the addiction of making it better (remember its neverending lol)

Powerpark.... I played with my Kyosho along the the lines of the "David Reece Radio Waves" vid.... my take was a bit different but if I get some time may take some pics of what i did to that tail.... haha maybe even a first go at the boat ramp with a Kyosho as well.

InDaTubeLarry..... nice pics.... reckon you are already there you just need a video man or a helmet cam to show us more...

BTW longitudinal centre of gravity makes a big difference too..... and at the end of the day these are just my opinions so don't read too much into them.