RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:53 AM
bearcave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

billybongo... I have given up on the solid shaft couplings..... most guys are running flexy shafts these days but i'm yet to get there.

Karl H2o and YPC seem to have the shaft system worked out well and i hope to modify my boards that way eventually too but have noticed Kite has a 'splash gaurd" and YPCis running onelike i do too to stop the water/grease/oil leaking up your shaft spraying everywhere.

My flexible drive coupling is a Graupner uni joint that works good on rc cars. It's not stainless and needs oil now and then and even though the motor needs to be mounted more fwd to suit (helping cg without added lead) and the flexing angles are not exactly right it works so much better than a solid coupler.

I posted these pics a while back but what the hell seein as the cyber gods are allowing me to post pics here are they are again..... maui john I think uncyber monday may have passed.... not game to have a go at postin anything vid wise myself but the latest from Hawaii is always welcome...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86212.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1824418   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43172.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1824419   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58470.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	91.9 KB