RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's talk about engines.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Ttowntoolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Let's talk about engines.

I love the OS 25xz favorite big block, broke in easy, holds tune great, big balls, over 10 gals no problems.

I Love the OS 12xz favorite small block ever, broke in easy, a little finiky with the tune, screams like I never heard anything scream before. Sounds like it makes 50,000 rpms

I have had great luck with Os 18cvrx have owned 3 of them all run great yet after 4 years. Have one 18cvr same engine bump only, just as good, tons of power, easy to tune, last seemingly forever. Actually put the last one on Hyper 7 for 3 months just to beat, worked OK.

I presently have a Nova 28-7 Mod from CRE, this thing is scary strong. Not the easiest to keep a perfect tune, but when it is perfect you would think it had a power adder of some kind. The most powerfull engine I have had the pleasure of owning. Of coarse not my favorite because it will eat any drivetrain you put in front of it. It is presently on my Savage now, eating parts every outting.

I own an OSv-spec 21 vsb and I really like it. Got it used so I cant say too much, it has much power for a 21 for sure.

I own a Nova P5X 21 that I got used. It is OK, nothing spectacular, it is modded by a different place than my CRE nova. I think it makes less power than the stock V-spec.

I bought new a RB Killer 9 21 engine. It was tough to break in. It was a bit hard to tune. The thing really screamed though when you got it right. I always had trouble with this engine locking up on the starter box. It would get stuck at top and I had to pry it past with a screw driver. Owned it for 4 gals, sold it with same condition, sticking at top. Agrivated me trying to start engine for a-main, everyones reving there stuff up next to you and yours gets stuck and you cant hear........AHHHHH! It really did run good though....

I bought and broke in a Werks B6 pro for one of my sons. It was by far the easiest to break in, and it is the smoothest engine I have ever driven. Big power, holds a good tune and just screems. Great engine.

I bought and broke in for my other son (twins) a Dynomite 26 mach2. It broke in easy, and runs great, makes great power. Got a couple gals on it and it does run good. I finished my points season in 3rd place with my OS 25xz, the first place guy was running this Dynomite engine.

I own a LRP 28 spec3 that I got used. It has run great for me, beat it on hyper 7, and Savage, good engine, good power. I have a couple gals on it since I got it for $40 no issues, good engine.

I got a couple of associated 15X engines in a package deal. I modded one of them (opened up ports) myself and it runs great, looks like a RTR engine and has a pull start so it just sits in a box of bashers.

I got a couple of Sirio .12 engines in a package deal. I modded (opened up ports) on one of them and it gets to live in my back-up GT. It runs good, hold tune good, not over powerfull good for slick track oval.

TIRDS;
Started out with Duratrax RTR nitro stadium trucks with the stock 18. They did run good but did not last too long with the abn sleeves. Resleeved and new pistons each once before we figured out these needed to be replaced with abc engines.

My Hyper 7 TQ black addition came with a Hyper 21 3 port engine. It broke in fair and ran OK, but too low on power for me.

My son brought home an Exceed buggy with a VX 16 in it. It ran but is was like wimpy. Like a 5 w bulb in your garage.....

I have wrenched on many others that were not mine, so I disqualify my opinion of those. Except for one, A dynomite platinum 24 xp of my buddies. We broke it in @my place and he pits with me @the track. The engine is a tuning nightmare and maybe it is my buddy, but man, it never runs right. Low power, Boging out of the corner, overheating one time, running super rich another.......yuck.