RCU Forums - View Single Post - MAKO - Tamiya Battle Adapter ?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: MAKO - Tamiya Battle Adapter ?

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

Dirtybird Why choose a Tamiya branded battle system? The only way this hobby will grow is to open all standards up to change so we can allow new things to take hold. The only part that I think is a must in the rule book is the technical requirements ie distances, hit ratios etc To have a rule book specifically push a Brand of product seems more like a marketing tool than a battle rule. Kudos to Tamiya sales people for getting that done.
Really we need a group of clubs, Manufacturers and retailers supporting a governing body with NON Branded rules for Official rules and battle requirements with regard to the equipment used, how it is run etc. An example of this is to say that all approved apples take a hit from 30 meters, or all approved IR emitters fire this code on this wave length and achieve a distance shot of 60 meters minimum. With really only 2 manufacturers competing for this marketplace though it will never happen. With the divisions between Tamiya players and other tankers it will never happen.
Too bad really as I love this hobby, I just hope it continues to grow.

Actually there is the Internationl Radio Control Tank Orgnaization (IRCTO) which has developed a standard for manufactures to follow. They adopted the Tamiya standard, because it is simple and currently the established norm. All manufacturers have to do is read this and build a system that meets these requirments. At this point it has nothing to do with Tamiya branding, and everything to do with having systems from different manufactures working well together.

So Far we have

Tamiya
El MOD
DBC
IBU
SLU
Clark ( Almost, but he is working on it)

I am just curious as to where the Mako fits in. Lets us know please.