RCU Forums - View Single Post - XB-70 EDF
Thread: XB-70 EDF
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XB-70 EDF

Well now I own an XB-70 so here we go:

Easy build which I must say is the second time I had to assemble a jet or airplane (Phase 3 U2 was very easy) but after getting everything together what threw me for a loop was the instructions did not say what leeds go to where! All plugs are numbered which is great but nowhere did I find in the instructions what each plug goes too! So I had to plug in one thing at a time and test it..

OH YEAH..one more gripe

The aileron linkage was too short to use by a clear 2 inches - had to go to the local Hobbyshop to buy two rods.

Now don't laugh but I own a DX5e transmitter with a Orange RX 610 - oddly enough I was able to use channel 2 (trainer switch) to make the landing gear raise and lower and since this model does not have
a rudder that is usable, I hooked up steering on rudder. Now where I was scratching my head was the ailerons had two plugs so I placed one in Aileron and the other at elevator and then turned on mixing.
This gave me the elevator function for both sides and Aileron as well. So I ahve tested the plane on the ground but I will not use this radio for this jet due to limitations and really no programming I can do which would help me out with the XB-70. The CG is said to be at 455 from the rear of the wing - yes I said the rear of the wing edge so I will check this out later today and continue with this review but I can say you can hear this plane very clearly since it's LOUD and have a large amount of thrust to what I can almost hover off the floor!!!!!

You do need to adjust the landing gear so it stops buzzing so make sure you do it..outside of that my local hobbyshop dropped what they were doing and gawked at the plane and said "WOW an XB-70!"
I had another person ask if that was a Concord - with me mentally slapping them. ;-) So there you go for now - hopefully I can get a break in weather and get to fly this beast.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14046.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1826411