RCU Forums - View Single Post - What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.

ORIGINAL: Quigleywins

Its a longt story so I will try to get the main points in with out any slant to my side of the dispute.
Back in May I arrived at our local flying field with a new Great planes Tomcat (Built Kit) Powered with a OS 55AX. The aircraft had been folwn 5 weeks eariler by an experienced flier. After this I was sent home to get the CofG forward which I did along with the instillation on a set of new E flite retracts. At this time it was the love of my life.
On the first flite the aircraft did around 3 laps again with the experienced flyer at the controls it was trimed and then handed over to Myself.
I did a turn as we were at the end of the runway and went around to the left as I was heading up the field on the other side the only other aircraft in the air cut across towards the tomcat I moved away this takes you out of our field across the road to the next paddock The trainer follwed I move away to the right again ,the trainer followed again. I moved again to the right,now we were flying directly away from the take off point at a distance of about 400 meters. The aircrafts were now as one as my Tomcat was in front. in the next second my Tomcat was on its way to earth with the wing removed. My time at the controls 20 to 25 Seconds.
The damage and cost ! reciever 9 optmer ! OS 55 ax carburettor body and the out of production tomcat
The offer for the damage take it or leve it was his old 6 to 8 year old Great planes Mustang . My reply to this offer was I want the Great planes Tomcat.
There has been no other offer for the damage to equipment or aircraft ,I also feel that he thinks he has no nore responsibility
Below is my reply in post 10 to some of the replys
The replacement reciver $90 which I have
The OS 55 AX carburettor body $55
I have aquired a wing kit which will fix that area ,cost $40 covering 2 rolls on MK $50
I have had a Ebay Tomcat arrive with a cost of $320 (this included $100 postage) this was a little on the high side but you need to find some one that will post over seas.
O and one other point that the other piolt thought some one else was still flying my Tomcat and the trainer he had ,was not his he had a lesson going and there was a student on the buddy box, what a lesson for the student.
My intention is to have replys from all over the world to how you think about this treatment so I can forward the link to him to see if that gets his hand into his pocket
Yours Paul T

Many thanks to the people that replyed.
As to out running the trainer. The trainer was a very light trainer {VMAR stinger) with a OS 46 AX which the instructor had taken control of away from the student,he was in total control from the point of the agressive action. The great plain Tomcat is not a light aircraft with very long Fuselage and not the lightest aircraft around the trainer was the faster of the two. I did try to our run the trainer after the first turn the trainer was a clear winer in the speed race on the day.
The offending piolt also said straight after the crash (I was collecting the remains) that he thought it was an ARF and the problem would be easly solved with a new one. It was only after the cost factor was realised that a cheaper method of repayment was tryed.
There in no dought about who was at fault on the day, from anybody but when you figer into the event that now this is going to cost heaps attitude change after a few days.
The student also had to do his repairs ,not major as his aircraft made it back to the field but there was reasonable damage. The offending piolt had no cost so far for his actions.

Sorry for your loss... My advice won't help much but this is exactly whyI stay away from clubs.

I fly alone or with one friend that i trust completely and we rarely have two aircraft in the air at the same time..

If a plane crashes with me at the controls it is my fault entirely..

I have tried many clubs over the years but spending hours watching others fly while I wait for my turn is not the hobby for me..

I fly at remote fields, only with no body else around.. If I crash, only the plane and my ego are damaged..

Not the best advice I know, but it works for me and I can fly 30 flights in 3 hours this way..