RCU Forums - View Single Post - What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.

If, as it sounds that the OP was being deliberately chased down by the other pilot, then there is no argument. The guy chasing is 100% at fault. Just because the OP is a student flyer, doesn't make any difference at all.
I agree that mid airs do happen as I've seen a number of them, but i have been fortunate enough not to have been involved in any myself, (unless you count the 3 meter wingspan Wedge Tail eagle that took out my brand new pattern ship on it's third flight).
If it was a deliberate action to collide with the OP then the other pilot is responsible for any damage. If that means having to buy an expensive out of production kit, then that is what he has to do.
If i were on the receiving end of a deliberate attack i would be pursuing the matter, though not through the courts as that would be an expensive waste of time. If he doesn't come to the party, then there is more than one way to skin a cat. And i guarantee that he wouldn't be willing to come to the field while i am there again.
You can't say to chalk it it up to experience if it is deliberate. But on the other hand there is always two sides to a story, so any advice given is only arrived at from one perspective.