RCU Forums - View Single Post - What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.

ORIGINAL: Quigleywins

Matt thanks for your reply.Yes he was standing next to me. the club is real small with only 9 or 10 flyers. The time that the chase was on would have been 10 seconds maybe 15 no more there was Increase speed (not the answer) right turn 2 sec later right turn 2 seconds later right turn end of aircraft. no time to communitate with the other team. if the aircraft was in the turn for half a second the event took 8 seconds and I'm on the way to the groundwith the wing missing.
I have never engauged in combat type of flying nor have any of the many aircraft I own. It was well known at the field that this was a new aircraft and was on a test flight to trim and get use to how it flew
This sounds like it all happened very fast.. Not really an extended chase by the other pilot? I have had many "Close" midairs that were completely unintentional. I think its only fair to seek compensation if the other pilot was "deliberately" trying to annoy you, harrass you, chase you or collide with you...

Its not likely he was doing any of these, and even harder to prove if you took it to court..

Again sorry for your loss.. its an unfortunate aspect of this hobby.