RCU Forums - View Single Post - What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.

ORIGINAL: rchad

I have the Great Planes F-14 tomcat also, I fly it regularly. If you build another Tomcat put a bigger engine in that plane. Like you said it is a heavy bird. You need at least a 75 size motor in it. Trust me you will be glad you did. Stinger probably wouldn't have caught ya. Im sure with the 55ax it is way underpowered. I can't believe you get it off the ground with that motor.
A flyer that knows whats what You are correct the rebuild now has a OS 95 AX in the front. the aircraft is just sitting in the shop with a new front. With the way it was built it is very easy to build a new front into it. I have lacked a little drive to get the rebuild finished but next year it should be on top of the pile of rebuilds. I did just cut the sides at different lengths and added a doubler to finish the inside of the front. It was damaged back that far that the jet intaks will need to be replaced as well. Yours Paul thanks for the advice.