RCU Forums - View Single Post - What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.

ORIGINAL: Giant_Scale_Gasser

You made a decision to fly an aircraft you are uncomfortable with as other aircraft were in the pattern. The only blame that can be laid on anyone is the minute you make a decision to fly with another aircraft up, you are at least 50% at fault, if anything happens. This is especially true when you are flying an unfamiliar airplane and you will be far too focused on flying the airplane to be aware of what's around you.

When I put my more expensive airplanes up, I pick and chose who I will fly with. But there is always the chance I (or he) will zig when one of us zags. But that is the nature of the beast.

Flying R/C is alot like gambling. Only bet what you're willing to lose...
I'm a gambling man myself, and now here's ascenario for you considering you comprehend what the original poster stated.

I'm flying one of my planes (be it an old comfortable one or brand new) You're also up at the same time. We get close and I make three turns trying to avoid you and you aslo MAKE THREE TURNSin the same direction resulting in your plane chewing into mine. The odds of said bet are definitely NOT in your favor, and I'll just leave it at that.

Comfortable flying a plane or not, be it one you've flown once or a thousand times makes no difference as the OP stated more than once in this thread he SAW the other plane and took evasive action to avoid it.