RCU Forums - View Single Post - All of these ARFs being massed produced...
Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: All of these ARFs being massed produced...

ORIGINAL: jim19

Not sure if you would call it a dream job, you sure won't get rich doing it- most times you would be lucky to break even. That's probably why most ARFs are made in China where there is an abundance of cheap labor. Couldn't mass produce them in the US with any degree of quality without costing an arm and a leg. As a producer of ARF models, I am in this boat. Can't compete with the mass production companies and barely make a profit (not so if your factor in the time for labor). Being retired, I am not reliant on this for a living so I try to keep my prices competitive. I do it because I enjoy building so I consider it a job. I build in small numbers and take the time to insure each model is quality. Somewhat of a perfectionist, each model is built as if I were building it for myself. Here a some pics of one of my production models, the Gemini GT40.
Jim
AeroCrafts
As an owner of one of Jim19's models, you have to have it in your hands to appreciate the workmanship and detail to covering that this model builder does on his creations. I can asure you that he has to do it for the love of building, as he says, it is a really professionally built model with lots of TLC and yes he is a perfectionist, don't know how he does it for the prices he charges.

Bill D.