RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Model Cessna 337 ARF
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Herc Pilot
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Model Cessna 337 ARF

Hey Sonny,

Happy to talk to another going through the same build that we are. We spent some time last night working on it again and more planning this morning. I think your Evo 46's will be a good choice for this model and like that the firewalls are notched so you can run the stock mufflers. We had the rear tank in the same spot that you have pictured, but think ultimately we will end up cutting out the throttle servo box and putting it on the center-line on a small shelf. It will most likely be fine where you have it, but thinking our four strokes may not create as much muffler pressure as your two strokes. It will be visible like you said, but that's a small price to pay for a dependable engine run.

We were able to remove the rest of the striping. The gold was a pain because the clear would separate from the color and glue, so we had to clean it all up with dope thinner. That did the job, but made us a little loopy in the process. Below is a pic of the booms stripped down, but the covering needs tightened back up. Also included a few pics to show what I was talking about with the scoop and covering on the center section.

To complicate things even more, when looking at schemes last night, we changed out minds once again. It's now going to be mostly stripped down and re-covered as the Red Bull Skymaster pictured below. I realize it's actually a 337, but think it will look just as cool with the wheel pants. We have a lot of work ahead, but are excited about the color change. I'll be sure to post more pics as we make our way through the re-build.

Adam
aka Herc Pilot
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85576.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1827733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91624.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1827734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58097.jpg