RCU Forums - View Single Post - A day that will live in infamy ?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:08 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A day that will live in infamy ?

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

And i thank you .Well writen piece and factual........The history facts are there for those who may wish to read it.

Wikipedia seems to do a pretty good job at listing historical facts.I often wonder who and how does all this information gets posted there ?

A good read to leading up to the pearl harbor attack would be ( Second sino japanese war Wikipedia) and one can see what was going on...

BIGMIG
We have many of countless thousands...mabe i guess into the millions of US people who served in the various branches of the military.I guess with the exception of those who may have been drafted everyone had their own reason for enlisting into the branch of military they chose.For me i was a 17 year old kid (went in 4 or 5 days after turning 17 ) had quit school at the start of the 11 th grade and was still not 16 at the time.When i joined it was not that i was being patriotic at the time.( not sure if i even fully understood what that even ment at that age )....That feeling of pride and patriotism came much later for sticking it out and doing the best job you could.
It gave me a place to continue to grow up and has repaid me many times over in to many ways to mention.

If there was anything i would change in our constitution it would be no one would hold any political office in the united states above a state level who had not served at least 3 years or more active duty in one of the branches of our military.