RCU Forums - View Single Post - Noob here. LiPo battery charger??
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:00 AM
rs917

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob here. LiPo battery charger??

Hi everyone. First post here. I was into rc flying about 10yrs ago, and recently was going to sell my equipment until I saw how little I could get for it and decided to give it another try....

I'm completely befuddled by all the options. When I last did this, I had (still have) a SuperBrain peak charger. After reading the directions (thank God I did that!) I found that I actually can't use that charger to charge my new lipo.

I bought a new plane and got an 1800mAh 1.8v 25-50C battery. It's 4 cell and 14.8v.

Now when I look for lipo chargers, all the ones I'm seeing have automotive style clamp leads, which won't work for my battery. Is this stuff not standardized? I assumed I'd be able to find a charger for what looked like a very normal lead. My SuperBrain 959 has a lead like that.

Any help on what charger will work? I'm not interested in spending more than I spent on the airplane on a charger since I decided to get back into this on the assumption that I could use the majority of my old gear.

Thanks for any help. This is very frustrating.....if this is what rc is like, I may just disassemble the plane and send it to ebay after all.

Here's a pic of my battery...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt58936.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1828084