RCU Forums - View Single Post - FASST vs FHSS
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
skubacb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FASST vs FHSS

FHSS= is a simple frequency hopping system, will not scan the band at boot and no error checking capabilities.
FASST: Hybrid FH/DSSS channel shifting system, it will scan the band at boot and has error checking and correction capabilities.

You are fooling yourself if you think a cheaper system is going to have the same performance. There is a reason the stay with the FASST system. Quite frankly I believe we will see people losing aircraft just as I have seen with the TATIC system and with other simple FHSS systems.

What bugs me about Futaba putting out this "cheaper" system is that FrSky and Corona can put out 8 and 14 channel FASST compatible RXs for $30. Futaba is selling the same thing for up to $200. Seems that even that is not enough profit for them.

One airplane working ok is not the same as thousands of flights with NO hiccups. I have probably 2000-3000 flights on the FASST system with no anomalies. With one of the first DX7s I lost 6 aircraft in 300 flights. A friend tried the Tatic (Anylink) system and started out having the similar results as the DMS DX7. Tried it with a 12Z and an 8FG. Bad in all cases. I would rather fly an OrangeRX FASST RX anytime over any of the DSM, DSM2, FHSS, or Tactic systems.

BTW "Anylink" was a great advertising ploy. That module is just the same as using a Xtremelink, FASST, Spectrum, FRSky, etc. module in any radio with a module bay. It does NOT work with anything but TATIC receivers, just as the rest of them only work with their own system. "Anylink" is the name NOT the function.