RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dalotel Build
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Dalotel Build

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

You will have to pull them apart. Sometimes it is possible to get a corner started and then shoot some air in the gap to blow off the part.
SRT,

Thanks, I thought that technique might work.

I managed to dig up the old Dalo plans I have been working over but haven't touched in a while. Originally they were 60 size and had some features which I found a little complex and perhaps unnecessary so I changed things a bit. I then scrapped the glow power idea and decided that I was interested in a TOC size (i.e., 90-120) electric version which led me to closing up the fuse bottom and going with plug-in wings as well as a removable canopy section. There were a lot of CAD details which I needed to clean up (probably due to different software interpretations of the drawings) and I didn't quite get finished on the fuse plans. The wing plan ought to be good to go. The airfoils used here are quite different from the airfoils you will be using.

Below are the scaled down plans for the "proof of concept" 30 size model. The TOC version would be the same in design with slight mods to wood sizing and whatever else I decided would be beneficial and learned from the 30 size model. The TOC version would be a 136% scale up from the 30 size or 6' in span.

I thought you might find them of interest.

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72921.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1828642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25855.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1828643