RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 12Z - convert Mode 2 to Mode 1?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 12Z - convert Mode 2 to Mode 1?

ORIGINAL: Jeff Worsham Hello, just purchased a 12ZA mode 2 and am trying to avoid sending it in for conversion (if at all possible). I fly mode 3 (ail / ele left stick) which means I need the throttle setup as on mode 1. On other radios I've had, this was a snap (especially 10C) but am now stumped seeing that my 12Z gimbals are not quite the same to allow the spring / ratchet swap. In the picture, I've drawn a red X over a pin which served as pivot point for the spring lever (black plastic piece with white tape on laying on center pcb). The hole in that lever slips over the pin, and the hook holds the end of spring. I would have expected that pin to also exist on the right hand gimbal (as viewed in picture) but in fact there's only a hole for it where I've drawn the red line in lower right corner.
This pin appears to be pressed into the gimbal on the left. Has anyone made this conversion, and if so, how should I deal with this?
Also, I've read about re-calibrating the sticks after re-assigning their functions in the software, but it was in reference to the heli Tx with limited throttle travel. Since this is a 12ZA, do I have to recalibrate the sticks? I'm guessing not but am hoping for some confirmation.
TX Mode change - Futaba 12Z
ex sub section "Transmitter - Change Mode 1 <> 2"
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.