RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC buggy recomendation for newbie!!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RC buggy recomendation for newbie!!

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

They are ok, but ive found parts are harder to get in Australia, not many sellers online stock HBX parts and there is no aftermarket support parts. Oh and the parts are about 30-60% more expensive compare to Tamiya, losi, traxxas etc

The HBX max and bonzer are good, they are a 99% clone of a Tamiya TL01b like the tamiya BAJA King and champ
There is a massive amount of spare parts from Tamiya and other Manifactures for them.

I've found everything expensive here in Australia, and ordering online so far is the cheapest way to go

Those HBX clones of the tamiya TL01 are on eBay for $129 with free postage, And are fast for a brushed 4 wheel drive buggy.
They come with everything u need just add some AA batteries to the controller and charge the cars battery up.

Would recomend getting a better charger and a bigger batter for faster charge times and longer run times

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-10-Radi...ht_6359wt_1054

Other things to look at would be these

All Tamiya

Plasma edge
Gravel Hound
Rising Storm

Desert Gator
Sand Viper
same RC all DF-02(stickers are main difference), but still quite a good one(one of my favorites actually that I own), and with a few bucks to make a part you can make it a lot stronger than it comes out of the box