RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

Oh, I didn't mean to imply you were using the CRV as an excuse. I am!

I should also mention I've been distracted a bit with a flying side trip into electric foamies - the EPP 3D profile variety? I haven't flown electric since I stuffed an .05 in the sawed off nose of a Gentle Lady when the electrics were in their infancy - 30 years ago? Well, anyway, this low and slow stuff that recently claimed my OMP Fusion (Mojo 65 kit on it's way too) has me wanting to get better at that, AND lower and slower - and this stuff is letting me do that on the cheap! I've built and flown a 43", have a 48" on the bench, and a 6-7oz (with battery!) super lightweight 36" for some indoor flying I hope to be doing soon! Power to weight similar to gas (yes, stupid power!), but much smaller and slower allowing for flying in a smaller area. Plus, they're nearly indestructible. If you do manage to tweak one, all mine are made from EPP foam - which works well with about any glue, including CA. That, and when they break, they do so cleanly. You just stick the parts back together, CA them, and you're back in the air again... -Al